A is for abundance in awesome events around the nation in April. First, don’t miss out on TMMPDX’s exclusive promo code (see below) to get a discount to the eMarketing Summit in Portland. Your registration includes entry to the much anticipated SoMe Awards in May.
Now, back to April, start with Social Media Marketing World in San Diego. Or head to ad:tech San Francisco expand and refine your digital marketing education. Our good friends are at it again in Tampa Bay, join Social Fresh East 2013 for social media for business. If you prefer the Midwest, head to Social Media Strategy Summit Chicago. Finally, you don’t have to board a plane to join the Digital Strategy Summit – this OMI event is available entirely online.
Update! The deadline for social media campaign submissions to the 5th Annual SoMe Awards has been extended to April 1st. Categories include ‘Go Local’, ‘People’s Choice’, ‘Breaking Social’ and my personal favorite ‘Han Solo’. Submit your project and get recognized. See you at the awards celebration on May 16th!
HERE ARE THOROUGHLY MODERN MARKETING’S PICKS FOR TOP MARKETING EVENTS:
The eMarketing Summit brings together marketers, business owners and internet professionals throughout the Northwest. Now in its ninth year, the eMarketing Summit focuses on the strategies and concepts of eMarketing while demonstrating the latest tools and techniques used by the Northwest’s top companies
The eMarketing Summit includes:
- A full day of dedicated eMarketing sessions, including lunch
- All of the InnoTech Conference sessions & vendor seminars
- InnoTech Exhibits
- Admission to the SoMe Awards
Join 1,000 fellow marketers at the mega-conference designed to inspire and empower you with social media marketing ideas—brought to you by Social Media Examiner.
You’ll rub shoulders with the biggest names and brands in social media, soak up countless tips and new strategies, and enjoy extensive networking opportunities in San Diego, California.
This is a historic opportunity for you to connect face-to-face with the top social media marketing experts while breaking bread with like-minded peers from around the globe.
Here’s what’s in store for you:
- Networking: Make new connections at the opening-night networking party held at the historic San Diego Natural History Museum and extensive structured networking opportunities.
- Discovery: Take in practical social media marketing sessions from the world’s top experts at the bayfront San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina.
- Fun: Cruise San Diego Bay at night while networking on the 1000-person InspirationHornblower private yacht.
You’ll pick from 49 expert-led sessions covering social media tactics to content creation to social strategy. Plus, hear from brands such as Sony Electronics, Walmart, Cisco, Sharpie, Petco, Dell, Whole Foods, Intel, Four Seasons, SAP, Citrix, Dun & Bradstreet, Caterpillar, Taylormade, SAS and San Diego Zoo.
This is just a sampling of what’s in store for you at Social Media Marketing World in San Diego on April 7, 8 and 9, 2013.
What makes this event different?
Beyond meeting friendly social media pros who are at the top of their game, here’s what makes Social Media Marketing World unique:
- Highly valuable, pitch-free content—our trademark at Social Media Examiner.
- Extensive networking opportunities—you’ll make priceless professional connections because we built this event to include networking after keynotes and lunch, and catered evening events at the historic San Diego Natural History Museum and aboard the largest private yacht in Southern California.
- San Diego waterfront in early April—while much of the country is thawing out, you’ll enjoy a land and sea experience in sunny San Diego at the bayside San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina.
- First-class conference experience—from the moment you arrive on Sunday, you’ll be provided for at every turn. You’ll never be left wondering what to do or where to go.
- Vacation opportunity—if you’ve never visited America’s Finest City, why not come early to San Diego and make a vacation out of it? Beaches, surfing, the world-famous San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, LEGOLAND, San Diego Safari Park and tons more…
If you are looking to grow in the digital marketing industry, plan to participate in ad:tech San Francisco 2013.
The cool thing about ad:tech’s educational program is the variety of formats offered to cater to everyone. From in-the-classroom panels/lectures to hands-on workshops on the expo floor, pick the format that will help you learn the most. Keynotes are a special treat – hear from well-known people and brands who can share their secrets on what makes them the best at what they do.
Come prepared to experience 20 hours of in-depth, thought-provoking content over two days. That’s 20 hours of content with specific sessions tailored just for you! There are 30+ sessions we have to offer you over the course of the two days you’re at ad:tech San Francisco. These sessions include topics on Mobile, Brand, Display, Performance, Innovation, Social, Video, Tablets, and more!
From mobile, to performance, to innovation and even sponsored workshops, we are sure you will find the content at ad:tech San Francisco more intellectually rewarding than ever before.
These conferences focus on social media for business results. Case studies, group discussion and learning, instruction and drilling down on topics are the focus of each of these events.
Marketers — Social Fresh attendees are marketers. From small business owners to agency managers to Fortune 500 brand teams, Social Fresh attendees cover a broad range of marketing perspectives. This is part of the value. Learning is not just about the quality of the content and the speakers, but the fellow audience members who you will discuss ideas with, network with, learn from as well as teach.
- 95% of past attendees would recommend Social Fresh to their peers
- 97% are on Facebook
- 87% are on Twitter
Leaders — Employees and business owners that choose to attend Social Fresh are the trendsetters amongst their peers.
- 73% are active on social networks multiple times a day
- 63% interact with brands on social networks
- 57% are active bloggers weekly
- Average of 2400 Twitter followers
Knowledgable — Social Fresh attendees are not just leaders in their own ecosystems, but as a whole are social media thought leaders. They control marketing budgets, lead brand teams, are community managers, and help build and run much of the software that drives social media forward each day.
- 30% of Social Fresh attendees are from an Agency
- 38% are from a brand
- 32% work for or as a vendor
- 37 Fortune 100 brands have attended Social Fresh conferences
Global Strategic Management Institute (GSMI) is excited to bring you the latest social event, Social Media Strategies Summit – Chicago (SMSS). Whether your organization is a start-up or a large enterprise, SMSS will provide you with relevant case study examples, interactive workshops and engaging sessions to boost your social media marketing efforts and reach your company’s business goals.
Best-in-Class B2B companies generate on average 17% of their leads from social media channels, roughly 230% more marketing-generated leads than other companies (5%), according to a recent report by Aberdeen Group. Moreover, 77% of buyers say they are more likely to buy from a company whose CEO uses social media; 94% said C-suite social media participation enhances a brand image; and 82% of employees say they trust a company more when the CEO and leadership team communicate via social media. (Source: eMarketer). At SMSS, you will learn how to effectively leverage your company’s social media presence and maximize your lead potential.
The Chicago summit will provide attendees with emerging strategies, the latest social tools, and insights from successful social media marketing campaigns. Over the course of two days, SMSS – Chicago offers all of the elements you need to achieve social media success! This year, we’ve implemented new session tracks including: A: Social Platforms; B: Internal Collaboration; and C: Measures, Metrics & Analytics. Case studies demonstrating analytically proven success will be presented by top brands. We are thrilled to bring Social Media Strategies Summit back to Chicago for another successful year.
To assure attendees get the full benefit of an intimate summit, we only offer a limited number of seats. Take advantage of our early bird registration deals and secure your seat early. Group discounts are also available.
The Chicago summit will provide attendees with emerging strategies, the latest social tools, and insights from successful social media marketing campaigns through three unique tracks of break-out sessions –
- Social Platforms
- Internal Collaboration
- Measures, Metrics, & Analytics
Two Full Days of Interactive Learning
- Monitor, Measure, & Report Your Company’s Analytics
- Reduce Advertising Costs with Social Media
- Increase Internal Collaboration for a Successful Social Program
- Reach Your Prospective Consumers Across Key Platforms
- Engage Media and Key Influencers with Your Social Media Campaign
The Summit Features
- 30 Virtual Sessions: Discover the latest trends and best practices in integrated digital marketing, including social media, content, and email.
- 6 Hands-on Virtual Workshops: Get your landing pages, email campaigns, and more reviewed during interactive workshops with the brightest minds in digital.
- Focused B2B and Small Business Tracks: Learn specialized techniques for digital success with 2 specialized tracks for B2B and SMB marketers.
- Customizable Experience: With 36 sessions and workshops to choose from, you’ll save time by staying focused on the sessions that matter most to marketing results.
- Morning Keynote: Trends and Research
- Best Practices and Essentials
- B2B Marketing
- Small Business Essentials
- Social Media and Integration Day, April 22
- Search Marketing Day, April 24
- Analytics and Conversion Day, April 26
- Social Media and Mobile Marketing Day, April 29
- Email Marketing Day, May 1
- Content Marketing Day, May 3
Want more? Here some other great digital marketing happenings that you might enjoy:
Mobile Marketing Strategies Summit – 4/10-4/11 at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro in Chicago, IL.
Engage: The NYC Digital Storytelling Conference – 4/10 at The Standard, Highline in New York, NY.
DemandCon – 4/15-4/17 at San Francisco Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, CA.
Conversion Conference – 4/15-4/17 at San Francisco Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, CA.
Social Fresh East 2013 – 4/18-4/19 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tampa Airport in Tampa Bay, FL.
Pubcon New Orleans – 4/22-4/25 at the New Orleans Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.
Women in Tech Summit – 5/2 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR.
Which Test Won: The Live Event – 5/8-5/10 at Austin Music Hall in Austin, TX.
The Future of Consumer Intelligence – 5/14-5/16 at Parc55 Wyndham in San Francisco, CA.
Interactivity Digital – 5/15-5/16 at The James Royal Palm in Miami, FL.
BlueGlassX – 5/21 at Marina Del Rey Marriott in Marina Del Rey, CA.
Ramp Up 2013 – 5/30 at Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA.
Online Marketing Strategies for Travel – 6/4-6/5 at Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami, FL.
The Corporate Social Media Summit – 6/12-6/13 at The New Yorker Hotel in New York, NY.
Social Media Strategy Summit: New York – 6/12 at McGraw Hill Conference Center in New York, NY.
The Customer Relationship Management Conference – 6/17-6/19 at Hilton Chicago in Chicago, IL.
Marketing Analytics and Customer Engagement – 6/24-6/25 at The Hyatt on the Bellevue in Philadelphia, PA.